PDA

View Full Version : Qa1 K members

ABMS
04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I wonder how good these are going to be

http://www.qa1.net/qa1_motorsports/drag-and-street/suspension-components/k-members/mopar-k-members.html

Rolling_Thunder
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Well if they are $299 like the Ford stuff I'll probably buy one. haha

MrN2OBelvedere
04-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Well, it might save weight, but I'd doubt it would be stiffer than a welded up stocker. The other bolt-in k members I've seen have been less than impressive from a structural standpoint. More for drag racing than anything else.

Riddler
04-28-2012, 09:56 AM
QA1 bought out Cap Auto. If you want a good front K member for an A body I'd look into an RMS unit.

Riddler

Doomed
04-29-2012, 04:44 AM
I wonder how good these are going to be

http://www.qa1.net/qa1_motorsports/drag-and-street/suspension-components/k-members/mopar-k-members.html

I have one of these, so far so good. I like the idea of keeping the torsion bars...the new Mopar Action talks about the RMS system in detail in regards to its short comings. Its worth a read to make the best decision.

Kyle.

dangina
04-29-2012, 11:45 PM
lol i think the price of them was in the 12-1500 range

ckessel
04-30-2012, 07:02 AM
I like the idea of the new CAP/QA1 unit but would like to see some long term test results for longevity and structural integrity. When I talked to the rep at the GG show in Del Mar, he said there have been improvements done on the products since the buyout. I like that the frame is out of mild steel as opposed to moly so there would not be the work hardening issue causing cracks etc. Sometimes it seems the OE is better for structural integrity, its what it was designed for, but I wonder about the benefits when you have a frame thats approaching 50 years on some cars, with a lot of road time and loads, and compare it to something that is made out of new materials. Mopar Action is correct about needing to see some road time and testing of the suspension parts before its a decision to replace old with new.

DTM Racing
04-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Can't go wrong with the Hotchkis stuff for that very reason. And I know I've tested that kit harder than anyone else has.

ckessel
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Another thought to ponder: neither Hotchkis or Firm Feel has produced a k-frame or lower arms during the last few years even with the interest in autocrossing/pro touring. Unless something is in the works, of course. Dan has definetly been thrashing the RR plus the team has been thrashing the E Max. This is for sure a subject that needs some feed back from those who have the Alterkations and QA1 units as to how they have been holding up over non perfect roads and with lots, like 100k plus, miles on them going over the rough roads. Could FF and Hotchkis be holding out due to the liability factors if the frames and lower arms are a major issue? I know some skirt around the issue in their warranty disclaimers by stating the units are for racing only.

DTM Racing
04-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Most products from Hotchkis are tested for a long time before they hit the market if they are a major component from Hotchkis. Despite market demands, John simply WILL NOT push a product that isn't safe. Case and point, the new Gen 2 Camaro link rear end is in its third revision and is being rigorously tested on several cars. Just wait, more Mopar stuff is on the way.

Rolling_Thunder
04-30-2012, 11:16 PM
One day I'll be able to afford to put some Hotchkis stuff under my Charger...

Brads70
05-01-2012, 05:31 AM
QA1/Cap Auto k-frame just scares me? But that's just me I guess?:hide: