+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Racing harness

Racing harness

Hey guys

Im thinking of installing a set of 4 point harnesses and was wonder what my options were, My 66 Charger still has the original seats and for now id like to keep it that way, running a 4 point harnes should I opt for a harness bar behind the seats ? Or go floor mount ?
    What latch is the least adusive to a cars interior ? Those latch tails flying around may mark the console. And door panels.

Any help or suggestions

Ron

if you are going to run a 4 point, you will need a shoulder strap bar; something to position the straps perpendicular to your shoulders if you want them to actual work as designed. If they are more cosmetic or for only light use then you could mount them to the floor behind the seat. There are a lot of different options here, from rings to individual mounts. For the lap belt, if you are going to remove and not use the stock stype belts, then you should be able to mount the lap belt in the same place as the originals, however if you are going to keel the stock belts for daily use, then you could either make a bracket the uses the same bolts or install new mounting locations.

FNG

I agree mounting on the floor creates a U over your shoulder & you can still be thrown forward & hurt , the mount for the shoulder has to be close to shoulder height or higher behind the seat

Do you have the low back seats bc if you do, then don't bother with the 4 point harness. Keep it stock. High backs then yes, you will need a hoop bar with a cross bar just behind you so the belts have something to mount to.
    68 Charger R/T, 440EFI, SC, 6-speed

Senior Member Jim Bob the Dancing Bear's Avatar

The stock Charger seats are low back. If you are lucky they may have come with head rests!!!

Like Neil said..... if they are not mounted right they can do more damage than good in the event of a wreck. Pretty tough to do right without a cage IMO.

+ Reply to Thread