+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fuell cell question ?

FNG

fuell cell question ?

hey guys , so im gonna be getting rid of my stock tank for a fuel cell and pluming it with some A.N fittings and hose. The cell has a -8 AN outlet fitting. Now my question is what size fittings and hose to use????? Should i just run the lines and fittings in the -8 AN size. is that to big ??? this is probably a stupid question but i figure i would ass before i buy stuff.

thank you

depends on the size of your motor but -8 should be fine (if I remember thats equal to 3/8" or is it 1/2"?)
    Build thread!!!http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex

8AN is closer to 1/2" which is plenty for a naturally aspirated motor. But if you're even 1% considering forced induction, plan ahead. With my build I have to run a 10AN out with a 8AN return.

FNG

Hey thanks for the responses guys . Ok -8an it will be . I just didint want to buy stuff and then be like dammit , happens a lot . And yea the car is always gonna be naturally aspirated motor .

FYI I got all my hose and fittings from here. http://www.frozenboost.com/stainless...68df6d365f938e
    PTFE lines are great for use with FI and/or ethanol fuels.

FNG

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah View Post
    hey guys , so im gonna be getting rid of my stock tank for a fuel cell and pluming it with some A.N fittings and hose. The cell has a -8 AN outlet fitting. Now my question is what size fittings and hose to use????? Should i just run the lines and fittings in the -8 AN size. is that to big ??? this is probably a stupid question but i figure i would ass before i buy stuff.

thank you
    Hi Yeah.

I am up to a similar stage with my build, using an Aeromotive fuel cell but looking at supercharging my 408.

Mostly I just wanted to have a giggle at your grammatical error. "but i figure i would ass before i buy stuff"

No offence intended, it gave me a good laugh.

All the best mate.!

FNG

Hahaha I just noticed the error . Stupid I phone , that all I got to say . But yeah fuel cell is done an everything is plumbed up. Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread