+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electrical problems after HID install

Electrical problems after HID install

I recently installed HIDs in the Charger and they work great. But ever since I installed them, my running lights and dash lights don't work. Turn signals and brake lights still work so it's something in the headlight switch circuit. All fuses are good. Anybody ever run into similar problems?

One thing that might help. The HID kit I'm using only plugs into one side of the headlight harness. The kit itself travels from the driver's side to the passenger side to connect to the headlight. So it leaves this part of the original harness disconnected. I'm wondering if this is creating an open circuit or missing a ground by doing so. ??
    Attached Images

I'm currently working on the front headlight setup on my runner. It would seem to me that if you only used one side you would be missing a ground. Have you done the relay headlight upgrade? If not you should. I'm using this wiring diagram as a reference (i made it smaller, easier to read:

Build thread!!!http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex

Found the problem. I got frustrated and started tearing my dash apart. Turns out the spliced wires going to my cigarette lighter had come apart. That open circuit knocked half the electrical out on my car. Good to go now, and HIDs are an enormous improvement.

+ Reply to Thread