+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mustang torque thrust style wheels/ brakes/ 70' Charger.

Mustang torque thrust style wheels/ brakes/ 70' Charger.

Unfortunately my 70' Charger has been sitting for a few years while I finished my degree. I'm about to start working on her again, but need some help/advice on wheels.

Shortly before storing her away, I put 17" mustang wheels w/ 1" spacers on. I got these wheels because at the time I was considering an RMS suspension and they are recommended.

Currently my 70' has 4 wheel drums and I'm looking to swap to disc brakes all around (researching that as well). I also am not very comfortable with running such a big spacer either, especially after seeing my cousin loose a wheel with one in his vehicle.

Any advice on having these wheel fit safer, tire size for a full look, and disc conversions?

My goal for the car is to eventually put a Gen III in it and modernize it a bit, I want it to be a comfortable, enjoyable ride, that is reliable for long trips with respectable gas mileage. No plans to race or anything else.

Mopar Owner and Builder Rolling_Thunder's Avatar
    Southern California

only way to get it done would be using spacers up front and getting a wider axle housing for the rear to make up the difference... either that or go with new wheels with correct backspacing
    1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 5-speed manual / 3.55:1 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed manual / 3.73:1 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 8-71 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / Auto / 3.23 Sure Grip

+ Reply to Thread