+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: show your fabrications

Here is my 36-1 trigger wheel that I designed:

Welded onto the pulley:

Installed on the engine. Looks pretty trick huh?

I have all of the drawings for the distributor blockoff as well as the sensor brackets and trigger wheel. I am thinking that once I get all of the kinks worked out, I might try to market a kit of some kind.

Any appetite out there for distributorless ignition setups for sb mopars?

I'm putting the finishing touches on my 451" build and was mounting up the water pump when I noticed the pullies didn't line up. I'm using a Milodon gear drive. So in the interest of time I made them, quicker than ordering and waiting. That and I saved myself $40 bucks! Later found I had to machine .030" off the back of the water pump too.

marks 010.jpgmarks 007.jpgmarks 003.jpgmarks 014.jpghere are the brackets i am working on for my viper caliper upgrade.started with a scrap piece of 1 1/4" 6061 alum and a couple hours later of cnc work, i have something that fits,finally! still a few things to do before it goes on for good but im close.

Splitting time between Grand Rapids, MI and Zurich, Switzerland

Something I just finished designing in order to solve my steering woes. My problem, engine and steering rack require the same space. Lowering the rack screws up bump steer, moving the rack forward at the same height screws up bump and ackermann. Solution, move the rack forward while keeping the inner tie rods in the same location. I got the idea from this build, http://www.deanzrodzandracecarz.com/karma-ghia_pg2. Unfortunately the build was sold before completion. I spoke with the engineer behind it and he helped get my stuff figured out. The idea is the rack uses a secondary slide in order to provide clearance for the rack, but keep the engine where it needs to be. I just need to dimension the colored parts and get them machined. I can't wait to get back to the states.

Will Ellis
    1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper
    Build Thread

Love that Giha build!

Just stop by to say: Hi guys! been busy running my own business, my V10 project is almost stop. Just got a 3ft long bar of 80x80mm 6061 will be cnc machining intake runner for upcoming supercharger intake build. Been thinking should I build Laminova coolercores into the intake or Cobra 'Stang style core.
    Will show you this, my garage is turning in to a snake bit

The red one (gen1) is missing a working crank.

EDIT, actually I have been fabricating something, bought for the company an 32ft enclosed trailer and been modified that suit more on my needs.
    Last edited by SuperB70; 11-15-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Custom Creations Oy (inc.)
    ceecee.fi
    Follow me at FB-> custom creations oy

Quote Originally Posted by SuperB70 View Post
    Yep, you link is dud.

A word of advice about Tig machine:

Don wall for cheap (read:crad) Den Xia Bing made-ones. You have to keep in mind, how to service it and here to buy parts for it. If you want cheap and good, you just have to buy two machines

Want to weld aluminium have to get AC/DC machine. If doing it a lot, buy cooled torch

I bought mine coupple years ago, cost around 4000, order it with special torch, Finnish made Kemppi mls 2300, check it out, amazing piece of work. Got many special features: micro tag, spot and so on... Take a look:

http://www.kemppi.com/inet/kemppi/en...t=Product Info

You can find many vid of it in youtube.

Hey, Deng Xia Bing is made by my uncle.

Haha you guys crack me up!

Splitting time between Grand Rapids, MI and Zurich, Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by SuperB70 View Post
    my garage is turning in to a snake bit

That looks fun, and I don't like snakes...
    Will Ellis
    1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper
    Build Thread

thought i would show the latest edition to the car.i milled up a m/c cover from alum cuz the stock one was bugging me everytime i opened the hood.
    Attached Images

My dash

I made some Viper caliper brackets a few years ago too! Worked great, fun project. Took me some time on a manual machine but thats ok! I used C-Body spindles.

Been slow here...

Well.. Has anybody made or heard that somebody has made an aluminium door for Mopar...?

I'm hand fabricating doors, fender, trunk and maeby also the hood for my Bee..

I havent started my Bee build yet but got some "free" time at holidays so I thought I give it a try..

First my plan has to make them from CF but thats something everybody is doing these days.

Need something different, oldschool maeby..

Last edited by SuperB70; 12-28-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    ceecee.fi

Machinist and Fabricator Johns Cuda Shop's Avatar

Thats a very ambitious project. I wish I had the time, I would do the same thing. Send us some pictures when you get a chance

Thanks John.
    I know it is but I couldnt find any info that anybody have done them. So it cant be so difficult, right?

At this, I' ve spend three evenings, total maeby just 8 hours.

Inside, the frame is done, skin is almost done.
    I'd remove door from my Bee and tryed it. It fits great but then I got an idea.

I'll left out the vent window and its frame.
    Will make modern a smaller triangle at the front of the glass opening. That will house side mirrow (maeby ones from Audi R8) and the window will be bigger with vertical front edge.

Glass have to be a custom order but we have the worlds best auto glass factory here in Finland. They make and ship custom windows all over the world.
    Many of US top $ cars have glass's from Finland.

I'll not attach the skin until I have sorted electric window inside the door. It is so much easier to do when the door is "open" without skin in place.

After the photos I've added an 1" square tube inside the door horisontally from lower hinge to lockplate.

But I dont know for sure will this ever get done or just hang at my garage wall. I dont have time/room to start my own car. But I do have some wicked plans about it.

And I dont own a brake so all this has been done with bead roller and two piece of angle iron. And hand tools ofcourse.

Juhani
    Last edited by SuperB70; 01-12-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    ceecee.fi

FNG

Lower control arm bracket for the Violent Valiant.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast