+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Southeast Louisiana

Threaded View

Greetings from Southeast Louisiana

I found this site by accident, and I am glad that I did! To start off, I am building my final project that I plan to keep and enjoy for myself and my family...a 1969 Dodge Dart GT. I have owned many Mopars through the years including a cousin (1963 AMC Rambler Ambassador 990 Cross Country Station Wagon) which was my daily driver when I was stationed in upstate NY and when I finally came back home to Louisiana.

My first question to everyone is about my windshield wiper motor. I am running a small block 360 with a "Davis Unified Ignition" system (D.U.I.) and it worked perfectly in my last dart (1971 4 door) but with one exception; clearance for the windshield wiper motor. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative wiper motor or wiper system I can use? Any help would be appreciated.

Anyway, that's all for the moment...looking forward to hearing from y'all.

WGB

hmmm a question like that someone here might be able to answer it but you would have better luck with that question on moparts.com

welcome!

You may be correct Dangina, I have been to that site but have never posted the question. I suppose that I assumed there would be a better chance here of finding the answer because of the customization involved in so many of the member's rides. I used to be a "purist" when it came to my classic cars but over the years I found out that I was a hypocrite! HAHAHA Lack of finances while raising 3 children will do that to a man! Anyway, thank you for the suggestion, I certainly will go there and try it.

I seem to remember a smaller wiper motor as s retro fit for the original similar to how you can run a smaller starter but I cannot remember what it comes from or how to fit it
    [OOIIIIIIIIOO]

I was told that a Model A Ford's wiper motor would do the trick, but that hasn't yet been confirmed...and I don't know how to prove or disprove without purchasing one.

Welcome!
    On Cuda-Challenger.com Kim is the go to person for wiper motors? Hope that helps? Maybe she has been through this one before?
    http://www.passion4mopars.com/
    http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/in...?topic=65631.0
    Last edited by Brads70; 03-20-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Welcome to PTM! Wish I could help but I'm still a caveman running the basic mopar electronic ignition! LOL Good luck, hope you find a solution somewhere...

Welcome!
    Project "PRO RUNNER" - 1971 Plymouth Road Runner Pro Touring
    408 Stroker SB (500+HP / 520ft.), EFI, Keisler A41 4-Speed-Automatic, 3.73 gears, Wilwood 14"-6 Piston front / 12.19"-4-Piston rear, AlterKtion with airride, Street-Lynx rear suspension with airride, 19"/20" Budniks, Custom interior, and much more...

Engine 2(2).jpg

Having technical difficulty (being analog) but here is a pic of the engine almost put back together.

Nice! What color is that?

"burnt copper" by VHT

Splitting time between Grand Rapids, MI and Zurich, Switzerland

Welcome! I haven't installed it yet but I'm planning to run a newer wiper motor out of an LX, mounted inside the car. Another guy did it on BigBlockDart and that's where I got the idea. I'm told it's a great mod and is MUCH quieter than the old, even with the entire motor inside the car. I'm a long way from using mine though.
    Will Ellis
    1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper
    Build Thread

at the risk of still being an idiot, when you say LX do you mean out of Mustang LX?

Senior Member Jim Bob the Dancing Bear's Avatar

LX is the modern platform for Magnums, Chargers, Challengers, 300's etc.

LX for Ford was a trim level.

OK...learn something new every day! I am very curious as to how those motors will mount under the dash....time to research!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast