+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: grimmeys mistress

Thanks Mate, yeah, the importer has told me he can lend a set to me to test on the car so all good. appreciate the info

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmey71 View Post
    Thanks it was a tough call to keep all black, and to be honest the headlights are still pretty bright

I did it on mine. Just looks cleaner and modern.

I know jealousy is a sin, but damn. That is a nice car!

Hey Greg,
    Can I ask what the Bonspeed's cost please?
    Also, what black did you paint it, as in , did you have any red's or purple etc added to it and is it a single stage, two pack, clear coat etc please

Greg

FNG

Need an update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 70B5Cuda View Post
    Need an update!!!
    Ok so here's the update, took her down to the nats last year had a kind of disappointing Dyno run 340 hp. Upon reviewing the video it was clear she wasn't strapped tight as tire smoke was obvious. So after getting home I took her to a local Dyno(same type of Dyno) and pulled 380hp, but she was running dangerously lean.

Having only the Diablo the Dyno man added a little fuel and power began to climb. He didn't feel,very comfortable tuning right then so the session was ended early. So I put the car in the garage and ordered a pair of Aem wide bands. Then a camshaft was ordered. And since I was pulling the engine for a cam I got some head work by Thitek. The trans had a slight shifting problem so off it went to D&D performance and I ordered a twin disc rst McLeod.

In between all this we had our first baby. But back to the car. It's all back together now but the clutch is not working properly and I have not had the car retuned and still have not put in the wide band gauges yet. Meanwhile my wife is already pushing for a super charger

Quote Originally Posted by Crash520 View Post
    Hey Greg,
    Can I ask what the Bonspeed's cost please?
    Also, what black did you paint it, as in , did you have any red's or purple etc added to it and is it a single stage, two pack, clear coat etc please

Greg
    Very sorry if I never responded. If your still curious I used PPG off the shelf black. With PPG clear over it. The Bon speeds were around $3500.00 if I remember correctly. I'll see if I have the back safe written down somewhere but everyone's is different due to different brakes I think

Thanks Mate,
    Congratulations on the little one, my two daughters are 24 and 21, the youngest lives in TN, goes to college there, enjoy as they grow up way two fast. thanks for the info, i'd love to see it one day, Im trying to work out if i go base clear or just single.

Been a while since I posted here, or anywhere. Having a soon to be two year old running around and trying to snatch up overtime is stealing my free time(and energy) so on with the update last summer heard so weird noises coming from the rear. Upon inspection I found the the ridetech upper two arms were tearing the sheet metal. They pulled hard enough that the supplied inside the car brace was leaving its imprint on the rear sheet metal as well. I finally ordered the street lynx and now for the grinding cutting and welding. The ridetech used quite a few bolts which when removed left my frame rails looking kind of Swiss cheesy. So going to have to weld up som wholes and make some reinforcement braces and go from there.

The other side

wow, I had my concerns about this when I installed mine. I will have to keep an eye on mine if it ever hits the road .....

Oh that sucks, is that bed liner? If so that must have been a real pain to remove for welding?

Quote Originally Posted by cps View Post
    wow, I had my concerns about this when I installed mine. I will have to keep an eye on mine if it ever hits the road .....
    Please do I remember reading some one else had the same problem but that was before the reinforcement inner plate. I guess the inner plate only slowed some of the damage. I did jackass around 8n the car quite a bit though

Quote Originally Posted by Brads70 View Post
    Oh that sucks, is that bed liner? If so that must have been a real pain to remove for welding?
    Yup bed liner, it was one of those build this thing without planning to ever have to do it again. The bed liner held up pretty good but 4.5inch grinder with a wire wheel worked through it well enough. I bet you know how bad it sucks to be under a car grinding during the summer. It’s been a while since I did any and cover my sensitive self with some cardboard to protect from those flinging wires off the grinder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7